Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My strange coupon shopping day...

Ok, so I made a quick trip to the nearby HEB for dog treats.  We were completely out and the dog was ready to go on strike.  I grabbed my coupon binder, and headed out the door.  The dog was ready to look for posterboard and markers.  I got a large bag of store brand dog treats, and figured I would look around a little.  I picked up 2 bottles of Purex, 2 air fresheners, sugar, and brownie mix.  I had 2 $1.00 off coupons for the Purex, $.50 off the sugar, $.50 off the brownies and Buy one get one free on the air freshener.  The cashier asked me if I have saved anything like on tv.  I haven't.  I had to giggle, and told her "no, but every little bit helps".  Then I went to Target, and saved over $20 with sales and coupons.  One of the other customers clued me in to some sales on the other side of the store.  Got some great buys, my favorite is 2 4packs of Vitamin Water for $2.79.  Kroger has them for $5.99!  I couldn't be happier.  Thanks for reading.

"Cheap is good, free is better."

No comments:

Post a Comment