Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Coupons...decoded?

Ok, I admit I'm still pretty new to coupon matching, and have been spending my time lately doing research.  I came across a thing called coupon decoding.  After looking it up, I realize it is NOT a good thing.  It is basically a way to commit coupon fraud.  Fraud is a crime.  Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.  I don't doubt that most people look at the bar code on coupons and products in stores (UPC codes) and have wondered what they mean.  Just what information can the store and you get from that little set of lines and numbers.  A lot apparently.  But scouring the set of numbers to see if you can use a coupon for a smaller size, or on fewer items than listed is WRONG!  Please don't do it, I beg you.  There is a reason it's in code, someone doesn't want us to know what it means.  Like a parent who spells words so the kids don't know what they are saying.  Besides, mystery one of the best parts of living.  It gives us something to look forward to finding out in the next world!  Thanks for reading.

"Cheap is good, free is better."

No comments:

Post a Comment